Monday, December 7, 2009

Looking to Change Transplant Hospitals

For those of you wondering about what's going on with my upcoming kidney donation, here is a bit of an update. 

I met with the hospital that had done all the testing and had a bad experience with the surgeon.  After mentioning my concerns 3 differerent times to our social worker with no attempt at helping resolve things, my wife and I decided it was smart for me to look at other hospitals in the area that also do kidney transplants.  In the Seattle area, there are 3, Virginia Mason (our first hospital), UW and Swedish. 

I've been in contact with UW and Swedish and have started the exploratory process with them which basically means filling out their paperwork and releasing my medical records.

The cool part is all my testing is done so it should be a much faster process from here.

Trusting God's process and timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment